With the spring season in full force, people are switching up everything in their closet for the warmer season. Among the fashion frenzy, let’s not forget about one of the most important things: your skin care regimen.
We’ve reached out to three Philadelphian skin care experts to advise how to turn your dry, wintery skin into refreshed, glowing spring skin. Learn what products and regimens are recommended by those who know it best.
Erica Suppa, Owner of Fresh Faced Skin Care, recommends keeping your skin care regimen consistent throughout the year, unless your skin becomes dry during the cooler months. If this is the case, only your moisturizer should change. For spring, try a more emollient moisturizer and/or adding a hydrating serum with humectant ingredients, such as hyaluronic acid.
For a natural skin care approach, Erica recommends the following three-step regimen:
- Start with a gentle facial cleanser. Fresh Faced Skin Care’s Gentle Facial Wash is a gel-based formula, which removes your makeup effectively without harsh sulfates that strip your skin. Pro tip: you only need a dime-sized amount to get the job done.
- Next, use a serum that is packed with ingredients to keep your skin bright and smooth. The Clarity Serum is a gentle exfoliating serum applied once a day following your morning cleansing.
- Last but certainly not least, use a moisturizer/SPF combination product. The Tinted Facial Protection is an oil-free, non-chemical sunscreen with SPF 40. Unless you swim or sweat excessively, you won’t need to reapply during the day. Bonus: this one also acts as a primer, so that your makeup goes on smooth and lasts longer!
Ashley Piotrowski, Owner of The Bronzed Bee, shares three of her favorite skin care products. Marked products (*) are highly recommended to use before an airbrush tan and/or a wax. Luckily, these can all be purchased at their Rittenhouse boutique salon.
- A scrub is perfect to use for the new season, as it revitalizes new skin and rids away your winter skin. Use Mine Tan Coffee Scrub in the shower on a daily basis to increase cell turnover and smooth out cellulite – thanks to the caffeine in it.
- Coconut oil* is everything! After you scrub, never forget to moisturize. This all-natural option is not greasy during the humid months. Apply the oil right after the shower to let it absorb while you do your hair and makeup. This will keep you nice and hydrated while creating a barrier of protection for your skin against free radicals and pollution.
- A year-round favorite is Egyptian Magic.* This cure-for-all is a miracle worker with its royal jelly ingredient, which aids in healing the skin and pulling toxins out. Pro tip: it does not have the best odor, so try a few drops of essential oils when first opening a new jar.
B Wilson, Owner of Just B Beautiful, is a big fan of face masks to help revitalize your skin, leaving you with a fresh, silky clean face. As a huge trend in the beauty industry, choosing a few can be overwhelming. B recommends these three to start.
- Boscia Luminizing Black Mask is a peel-off face mask created with detoxifying black charcoal to help minimize pores, excess oil and uneven skin textures. The mask provides you with a clear and smooth complexion for an instant fresh-faced look! It is recommended to peel off your mask in a downward motion from forehead to chin, to alleviate intensity.
- For dark spots, dullness and uneven texture, Glam Glow Flashmud Brightening Treatment gives you radiant, youthful-looking skin. This brand is designed for women and men of all ages, skin types and skin tones.
- A mud mask helps your skin feel both clean and refreshed, as the mask is filled with vitamins and minerals to help remove all of the toxins and excess oil from your skin. Pure Body Naturals Dead Sea Mud Mask can be used before facial scrub or exfoliator as a face cleanser. Say goodbye to your pores, blackheads and breakouts!
Do you have any go-to or favorite skin care products that make you feel brand new? Let us know in our comments section!