Enjoy a variety of events this week in Philly, from comedy shows to yoga to daydrinking parties. Happy Passover and Easter to everyone celebrating! Tag your events out and about in Philadelphia with #ThisWeekinPhilly.
Monday, April 10th
- Take advantage of a great deal during Manayunk Restaurant Week! From now until April 21st, neighborhood eateries will be highlighting exclusive three-course menu options. Price ranges between $15, $25, and $35. See our Neighborhood Spotlight for more to do in Manayunk.
- Yogis can unite on the Race Street Pier for a nice evening yoga sesh from Yoga on the Pier.
Tuesday, April 11th
- Calling all nerds! Come to Festival Preview: Geeks Guide to Philly at Seer Interactive office in Northern Liberties. Participate in lightning talks on how you can get involved in a ton of these unique organizations in Philadelphia.
- Award-winning actress, comedienne, and author Carol Burnett is performing her new show Carol Burnett: An Evening of Laughter and Reflection Where the Audience Asks The Questions at the Kimmel Center for Performing Arts at 7:30 pm.
- After winning Amateur Night at Harlem’s legendary Apollo Theater, Philly native funnyman Chris Coley has kept the laughs coming! Coley is returning back to his hometown to perform at World Cafe Live starting at 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, April 12th
- Check out RAW Philadelphia Presents Verse at the Trocadero Theatre. Come out for a local creative explosion of film, fashion, music, art, performing art, hair styling, makeup artistry, photography, accessories and more.
- The Philadelphia Free Library and JEVs have teamed up to bring three FREE dynamic workshops to you get where you already know you’re going. The first series tackles a tough subject, Know Your Worth: Salary Negotiations.
Thursday, April 13th
- FYI it’s Freedom Day! Celebrate at the National Constitution Center with activities for visitors of all ages throughout the day.
- Check out the Opening Reception of Tone Poems & Light Stories: The Great Migration at the African American Museum from 6:00pm to 8:00pm.Taking inspiration from Mother Bethel AME Church (Julie Dash), Universal Negro Improvement Association (Kevin Jerome Everson), Tindley Temple (Mendi + Keith Obadike), The Wissahickon Boys Club (Lonnie Graham & John Stone), and The Philadelphia Tribune (Tina Morton), the exhibition presents these extraordinary contemporary artists’ take on the ways the Great Migration forged new black worlds.
- Four choreographers from PhilaDANCO set modern dance to music of Prince, Earth, Wind and Fire, and more in their production Black Steam at the Perelman Theater.
Friday, April 14th
- Hot Yoga Philadelphia presents Sweat for a Cause, a 90-minute hot yoga class from 7:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. All proceeds support Chenoa Manor Animal Sanctuary, an all-volunteer, non-profit organization that serves as a safe home for animals with nowhere left to turn.
- Fresh off his hit show, Thank God for Jokes, that toured 100 cities, comedian Mike Birbiglia is performing his show Working It Out at Helium Comedy Club. Don’t miss this laugh-out-loud performer who earned a nomination for the Lucille Lortel award.
- The Bessie Award-winning choreographer, Faye Driscoll, brings her semi-autobiographical dance performance piece, Thank You for Coming: Play, to FringeArts. The first performance includes a special post-show conversation with the artists.
- What happens when the Kardashian/Jenners inherit a mysterious mansion from their late father? A whole lot of ugly-crying.The Good Good Comedy Theatre is presenting an early preview of The Heir of Kardashian Manor before their run at the UCB Theatre in NYC.
Saturday, April 15th
- Run to help free the world of Parkinson’s Disease at the Philly Rabbit Run 5k /1m inside of the Philadelphia Zoo. Registration includes admission to the zoo, t-shirt and rabbit ears, an awesome post-event party with Today’s 96.5FM with recording artist Felicia Punzo, and more.
- Stop by Bourbon and Branch to see Big League, a brand new comedy experience from Michael S. Watkins and Ari Fishbein. Accompanied by “funkalicious” big band stylings of Darla, the performance begins 8:30 p.m.
- Bring your pups out to the ZoomRoom’s BarkHappy Spring Fling Dog Pawty to benefit PAWS. Attendees will receive tons of swag, a chance at awesome raffle prizes, and there will be a fun Easter egg treat hunt contest.
- Alex’s Lemonade Stand Family Festival starts at 9:30 a.m. at the National Constitution Center. This day of family fun includes numerous indoor and outdoor activities including games, live music, food by Brulee Catering and food trucks, entertainment and, of course, lemonade! All proceeds go to the Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation to help fund research for finding a cure to pediatric cancer.
Sunday, April 16th
- The Easter Bunny himself will be hopping down South Street for the 86th Annual Philadelphia Easter Promenade. The parade goes from 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m., so put on your Sunday best for this egg-citing affair!
- Get the party started at #RooftopPHL Day Party’s grand opening at Vango. This indoor/outdoor party offers live entertainment, drink specials, and a great time in the heart of the city. Ladies get FREE admission before 6 p.m. with RSVP.
Know of upcoming fun events in Philadelphia? Let us know in the comments for them to be listed in future This Week in Philly posts!