Monday, March 13
- A former FringeArts returns with an updated show. It’s So Learning seats the audience in child-sized classroom chairs, surrounded by black boards, to create a genuinely wild, comedic ride that’s highly interactive.
- WXPN Welcomes Regina Spektor to The Fillmore at 8 p.m. With each purchase of online tickets, attendees will receive a copy of her new album, Remember Us to Life.
- Mark Padmore, tenor, and Jonathan Biss, piano, come together to perform Franz Schubert’s works: Piano Sonata in A Major, D. 959 and Schwanengesang, D. 957. Watch them bring the late artist’s final works to life at the Kimmel Center’s Perelman Theater. This performance also features a free pre-concert lecture with Christine Anderson.
Tuesday, March 14*
- Oscar Wilde’s The Importance of Being Earnest starts a spring residency at The Walnut Street Theater. From today until April 30, this classic masterpiece will leave audiences relishing its high comedy and witty dialogue.
- This month’s Science After Dark at The Franklin Institute is Cosmos. Spend an evening with stars, nebulae and distant galaxies, served on the rocks. Explore the museum at this popular, exclusive adult-only event.
Wednesday, March 15
- Join local thought leaders at City Hall for this Brown Bag Lunch Series in honor of Women’s History Month. Councilwoman Blondell Reynolds Brown hosts a roundtable discussion for women on how to succeed in nontraditional roles and career paths in industries such as technology, energy, and trade.
- Good Good Comedy Theatre presents Nerd Brawl, a game show in which comedic contestants over-zealously showcase their life passions. Host Sean Keegan-Landis guides the program of a variety of absurd tasks to see whose passion burns brightest.
Thursday, March 16
- Watch the romantic comedy, Unleashed, at the Opening Night Film Screening of the Women’s Film Festival. The story is a romantic comedy starring Emma, who makes a big move to San Francisco after a bad breakup. Producer Susan Johnson and Director Finn Taylor will be in attendance for a Q&A. After the screening, head to the after party reception at Fine Palate.
- Tour the magnificent apartments of The Arch building in Logan Square** while sipping on brews and enjoying delicious bites. Guests are encouraged to RSVP online and bring friends or come to meet new people.
- Put on your lucky green gear and head to Philadelphia Runner for an evening fun run with New Balance and the folks behind the ODDyssey Half Marathon. The workout will be a great warm up to well-deserved beers afterwards. Test your luck with a raffle to win free race entries, discounts and lots of other run swag.
Friday, March 17
- Don’t miss it! Stop and smell the tulips at PHS Philadelphia Flower Show from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. before it ends this Sunday. Fido Friday Yappy Hour allows you to bring four-legged friends between 6 to 9 p.m. at World Market Beer Garden.
- Bravely tell your story at First Person Arts StorySlam with this evening’s theme: Aliens. Judges, from the audience, award the storytelling winner a $100 prize and a chance to compete in the finale Grand Slam.
Saturday, March 18
- Get ready to keep the St. Patrick’s Day celebrations going combined with March Madness festivities with the We’re All Mad Here bar crawl. Start at Tavern on Broad as early as 10 a.m. and travel to other participating bars: Raven Lounge, Boxers, Drinkers Pub, Milkboy, Tir Na Nog, and more.
- See the Philadelphia Museum of Art in a new light with Watson Adventures’ Mystery Murder. Help solve the death of a curator by piecing together a tale of greed, lust, pride, revenge, and treachery. Price includes museum admission.
- Do you have what it takes? Register for Eagles Cheerleaders Open Call auditions. Head to Lincoln Financial Field by 10:30 a.m. to show your moves.
- Guest instructor, Stephanie Vasta, comes to Manayunk’s Merge Dance Studio to lead a lyrical workshop for intermediate/advanced adults and teens. Advance registration is required for this workshop from 3:30 to 5 p.m.
Sunday, March 19
- Kick off Philly Wine Week with the Opening Corks event at the Academy of Natural Sciences. Get a taste of what’s in store for the coming week with hundreds of unique wines while sampling wine-friendly foods. Then, join the official After Party at Assembly Lounge at The Logan Hotel.
- 2SP Brewing comes to Rex 1516 for a special Sunday Supper dinner. Indulge in $30 BBQ plates (includes smoked brisket, pork, hot link sausage, choice of two sides, and accompaniments) and $12 pitchers of 2SP Brewing Bellcracker Double IPA from 6 to 10 p.m.
* Please note due to inclement weather this week in Philly, we suggest confirming to make sure events are still happening.
** BridgeStreet Worldwide are sponsored partners.