What’s going on This Week in Philly…
Monday, April 18
- Award-winning legal scholar David Cole is having a book signing for Engines of Liberty: The Power of Citizen Activists to Make Constitutional Law at the National Constitution Center. Hear him discuss his view of ordinary citizens making constitutional laws.
Tuesday. April 19
- It’s time for HIAS annual Golden Door Awards at the National Museum of American Jewish History. This year, the theme is reunion and will highlight the diversity and success of immigrants and refugees the organization has helped.
- Tokyo Police Club is performing at Union Transfer! Enjoy their hits and be there for other special guests, From Indian Lakes and Charly Bliss!
Wednesday, April 20
- We all remember the TV show Legends of the Hidden Temple, and now there is a live version right here in Philadelphia! The Penn Museum is hosting a competition of temple games and there will be a cash bar. You must be 21 or older to enter.
- The 2016 Solas Awards will be held at the Sheraton Downtown Hotel. The Welcoming Center for New Pennsylvanians are honoring those improving the quality of life for immigrants in Pennsylvania. Our very own Mayor Jim Kenney will be recognized!
Thursday, April 21
- Moore College of Art & Design is holding an event with Philadelphia Fashion Incubator Teri Agins, where she will present the impact of celebrity culture in fashion. Then, stay for a Q&A with Fashion writer Elizabeth Wellington.
Friday, April 22
- Philadelphia Comic Con is taking place at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center until April 24! Guests will include Kel Mitchell from Kenan and Kel and Good Burger, as well as guests from Star Trek, Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, and many more classic TV shows and movies.
- Don’t miss the Chinese Lantern Festival at Franklin Square! As celebration of the park’s 10th birthday, Historic Philadelphia is lighting up the area with 25 illuminated lanterns, handcrafted giant flowers, and many more creations by artisans from China.
- The sixth Philadelphia Science Festival is at the Great Plaza at Penn’s Landing. Science lovers can experience a plethora of events until April 30, including a number of hands-on interactive exhibits that hope to inspire the next generation of scientists. This event is for all-ages, and there will be a massive street Science Carnival at this mostly free event!
Saturday, April 23
- The Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts (PIFA) will be having their street fair in honor of the 15-day celebration! Enjoy live entertainment, food and more in the middle of Broad Street.
- Philly’s Namas Day Yoga Festival returns to the WHYY Building for a day filled with health. This event will include local and tri-state area presenters to teach people all about yoga.
Sunday, April 24
- The Philadelphia Premium Outlets are hosting the Sprint-N-Shop 5K! Run, walk, and then shop until you drop before a raffle drawing. All participants will receive a gift bag filled with retailer items and a Savings Passport worth hundreds in savings at some of the stores. Proceeds of the race will benefit Communities in Motion.
- The owners of Waffles & Wedges are hosting a first birthday block party for the restaurant! Enjoy food specials, beer tastings, live music and more as they shut down the street.