What’s going on This Week in Philly…
Monday, March 7
- At the Prince Theater, there is a monthly series of Performing Arts on the Big Screen. This month features a performance of Verdi’s Requiem, a rare classical music theatrical show. Some of the greatest opera singers of the 20th century are in the performance, so you don’t want to miss it!
- Another incredible show filled with various elements of entertainment will come to life in a performance hosted by Fringe Arts. Scratch Night shows some of the city’s best new artists in many different performances, like “Ten Years Gone” and “Sock Piece.”
Tuesday, March 8
- The XFINITY Live! family movie night is back with one of everyone’s favorite Disney & Pixar films, Inside Out. The Academy Award-winning film is perfect for kids and adults! At the event, enter to win great prizes including four tickets to the Franklin Institute. There will be activities and crafts at 5 p.m., and the movie begins at 6. Free parking, free popcorn, free event!
Wednesday, March 9
- Another event at the Prince Theater, the Limon Dance Company is hosting three performances from Wednesday, March 9 to Friday March 11. These shows are considered masterpieces, so be sure to get your tickets to the three-day event!
- It’s Wedding Wednesday at the Philadelphia Flower Show! The best people in Philly’s wedding industry will be at the PA Convention Center for this event, hosted by Philadelphia Wedding Magazine. Tickets are $50 to this must-attend meet-up for engaged couples, which includes admission to the Flower Show and a premiere swag bag!
- If you know Philly PR Girl, you know we are all about networking! That’s why we think you should go to The Charge Station Power Networking Happy Hour at Slate Restaurant & Lounge. Get inspired, exchange ideas, and meet professionals in business so you can become a successful entrepreneur. Tickets are $15 online, and $20-25 at the door.
Thursday, March 10
- Koresh Dance Company is celebrating its 25th anniversary! With exclusive performances of a world premiere show, they’re throwing their annual gala Koresh Kouture at the Suzanne Roberts Theatre.
- Known for his appearances on Chelsea Lately, Comedy Central’s Chappelle’s Show, and MTV’s Guy Code, Donnell Rawlings is coming to Philly! He will be performing at the Helium Comedy Club until March 15.
- Another event happening at XFINITY Live! this week is Spirits Live! Sip through five venues, where you will taste tequilas, bourbons, vodkas, and more! There will be a Q&A with a mixologist, and live entertainment from both a Mariachi band and an authentic Irish band.
- Every year, Philly Current chooses local people and businesses to feature in their PC Picks issue, and the 2016 PC Picks is officially out! They’re throwing at Buffalo Billiards party to celebrate all of the winners! Come mingle with Philadelphia’s finest. This event is for winners and by invitation only.
Friday, March 11
- Philadelphia Magic Gardens is hosting an adult crafting party, Crafts with a Kick! Relax and let the beautiful scenery help to bring out your creative side. This includes complimentary wine, light snacks, and exclusive tours of the Garden not usually open to the public!
- If you’re 21+, check out the Crystal Tea Room for the 6th annual Always Bet on Youth Casino Night presented by the Valley Youth House! This event features games with professional dealers, a silent auction, amazing food, and live music! And even better, it’s for a great cause to help foster care and homelessness systems transfer to independence.
- Patty Jackson will be hosting The Legacy Exists’ Cocktail Fundraiser at Penns Landing Caterers! This event is to raise funds for the youth in the Philadelphia area to assist them in paying for college or extracurricular activities that will enhance their education.
Saturday, March 12
- Are you or your child working to become a talented actor/actress? Kathy Wickline Casting is holding a Philly Talent Showcase, an open call to give everyone an opportunity to audition in front of Philadelphia’s top agents and managers! There will also be a panel for a discussion so you can learn more about the industry. The fee is $199, plus a $20 fee, and the age range is 10 or older!
- Tony Award-nominee Christine Andreas and her Grammy-nominated husband, Martin Silvestri, are performing a personal show about their love story at The Prince Theater. This event goes until March 13, and there may be a few surprises up their sleeves!
Sunday, March 13
- The National Museum of American Jewish History is holding its Second Sunday Family Corner to celebrate Purim, the Feast of Lots! There will be crafts, learning, and other activities for those of all ages. This event is free with museum admission.
- One of Philadelphia’s ultimate foodie events is back: The Brewer’s Plate at The Kimmel Center! Philadelphia’s amazing chefs, farmers, and more will team up with the city’s breweries, distillers, and winemakers for a day nobody who loves food and drinks would want to miss.
*Philly Current is a client of Philly PR Girl