Here’s What’s Going On This Week in Philly…
Monday, April 20
- Earl Sweatshirt is a West Coast rapper, member of the Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All crew, and guest artist on Frank Ocean’s album ORANGE. He’s coming to Philly on his Not Ready 2 Leave Tour at the Theater of Living Arts at 8 p.m.
- Join the 13th Annual Taste of Success presented by Entrepreneur Works! This annual cook-off/bake-off competition is also a networking event and cocktail party. This year’s theme is “What’s Your Secret Sauce?” which looks at the ingredients an entrepreneur needs to be successful.
Tuesday, April 21
- West Coast rapper and producer Iamsu hit it big in 2013 with his single “Let Go.” He’s coming to The Barbary on 951 Frankford Avenue at 7 p.m. and bringing along Rome Fortune and Dave Steezy. Tickets range from $15-$50.
- Temple University’s Boyer College of Music and Dance presents Singing Owls and Temple University Jazz Singers, performing at the Temple Performing Arts Center from 7:30 – 9:45 p.m. Admission is free, so come enjoy classical music from Temple’s most talented students!
Wednesday, April 22
- Join the Philadelphia Union Foundation for the 3rd Annual Cocktails and Cleats event, presented by Cozen O’Connor at Vie on 600 North Broad Street. Meet the soccer players and be a part of a silent and/or live auction!
- Conductor Stéphane Denève leads the Philadelphia Orchestra in its third LiveNote Nights concert. This program features excerpts from Prokofiev’s indelible 20th-century interpretation of the tragic story of Romeo and Juliet. The concert takes place in Verizon Hall at 6:30 p.m., and tickets are $25.
Thursday, April 23
- The Penn Relays are back and the runners are ready to hit the pavement running! Now in its 121st year, catch some of the races taking place this weekend with athletes and fans from all over the country. The big meet-up will be at University of Pennsylvania’s Franklin Field.
- In correspondence with Philly Tech Week, Al Dia News Media will lead a discussion from their event Media and the City: Fusing Journalism & Technology for Better Storytelling at La Colombe on 1335 Frankford Avenue. Follow along with them on Twitter using the hashtag #ALDIALive.
Friday, April 24
- The Philadelphia Science Festival will host their kick-off party at The Franklin Institute at 7 p.m. with a night devoted to classic video games! Tickets are $15 and the event is open to those ages 21 and up.
- Get ready for Philly Tech Week’s Signature Event at Comcast! Enjoy a cocktail reception with an interactive local technology expo and demo party from 7:30 – 10 p.m. Celebrate Philly’s growing tech hub!
Saturday, April 25
- The Fourth Annual Center City Jazz Festival presents a lineup of blockbuster performers as part of Philadelphia Jazz Appreciation Month. The performances will take place at various venues across the city. for one day only Tickets are $15 online and $20 at the door, and shows run between 1 and 7 p.m.
- The Sandy Sprint is Hosted by the Sandy Rollman Ovarian Cancer Foundation, the 11th Annual Sandy Sprint Run/Walk will take place at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Dress up like your favorite superhero and participate in the cause to fight ovarian cancer! Registration begins at 7:00 a.m.
- Tickets range from $20-$65 for entrance to The 17th Annual Manayunk BBQ, Bourbon, and Blues Craft Beer Fest. Manayunk Brewery & Restaurant is hosting the event from 1 – 5 p.m. at 4120 Main Street.
Sunday, April 26
- Philly native and powerhouse vocalist Jazmine Sullivan is out on tour in support of her latest project, Reality Show. Earlier in March, the RCA performed to a sold-out house for her hometown fans at The TLA on South Street. Jazmine will bring The Reality Show Tour back to The TLA for another round unstoppable soul.