HERE’S WHATS GOING ON THIS WEEK IN PHILLY…
Monday, March 31st
- SMC Philly Happy Hour – Find a cure for your Monday Blues in the form of happy hour with the Social Media Club Philadelphia. There will be drink and food specials at Catahoula Bar and Restaurant starting at 7 pm.
- The Literary Cafe presents Jason Mott – The African American Museum in Philadelphia hosts a conversation and book signing with Jason Mott, the author of New York Times bestselling novel “The Returned”, from which ABC’s television series “Resurrection” draws inspiration.
Tuesday, April 1st
- Digging in the City of Brotherly Love – Rebecca Yamin, PhD, takes a tour group on a historical trip underneath parking lots, National Park sites and demolished buildings, uncovering the city’s past in the fourth talk in the Center for Architecture’s “Building Philadelphia: Architecture, History & Politics” series. From 6 to 8 pm; see the full schedule of events here.
- * Gents’ Night Out – From 6 to 9 pm, the Architeqt Salon is hosting a networking opportunity promoting health, wellness, and style, with sponsors including City Fitness, Baked Tanning, the 76ers, Buffalo Trace Bourbon Whiskey, and more. Ladies are also welcome to this free event; RSVP to RSVP@JessicaScottLLC.com.
Wednesday, April 2nd
- Don Juan Comes Home From Iraq – When one marine returns home from the war, he discovers that his lover is missing, and embarks on a tour through the streets and history of Philadelphia in attempts to find her. Playing at the Wilma Theater through April 20th; tickets are $23 – 46.
- 2014 Subaru Cherry Blossom Festival – The annual Cherry Blossom Festival of Greater Philadelphia kicks off this evening with a sushi making class at 6:30pm at the Headhouse and Karaoke Kick-Off at Yakatori Boy from 7 to 10 pm.
Thursday, April 3rd
- Tangle Movement Arts: Timelines Show – This performance group premieres “Timelines”, a circus-theater fantasy of time travel, evolution, aging and healing, that explores time and the female body. Playing from the 3rd to 5th at Christ Neighborhood Church; tickets are $15-20.
- Bayside at The Troc – With openers Four Year Strong, Daylight, and Mixtapes, Bayside stops at the Trocadero on their North American tour in support of their newest album, “Cult”; an apt title, given their strong following throughout six records and a decade-long career. Tickets to this all-ages show are $17.50.
Friday, April 4th
- Philly Tech Week kicks off with The Philly Robotics Expo, #PTW14 After Hours, and the Philly Tech Week kickoff event / Arcade at the Oval. For more info visit http://2014.phillytechweek.com/.
- HACKFit 2014 (also party of Philly Tech Week) – Unleash your inner entrepreneur with a weekend fueled by lectures and coaching, physical and group challenges, and superfoods. Hosted at Impact Hub Philly, see the full schedule of events and keynote speakers here.
- Donors Are Heroes: THE Party – For the 12th anniversary of THE Party, mix, mingle and enjoy hors d’oeuvres and cocktails from favorite Philadelphia restaurants. All proceeds of the evening, which starts at 8 pm, will benefit Donors Are Heroes, which educates about organ donation and life-enhancing transplants.
Saturday, April 5th
- East Passyunk Egg Hunt – Hop on down to the lawn of the South Philadelphia Older Adult Center for the annual Easter Egg Hunt, plus crafts, brunch special menus in the area, and a photo op with the Easter Bunny. Hunt times are staggered by age group, between 11 am and 1 pm. Scheduled for rain or shine!
- Philly’s International Pillow Fight Day – Grab a clean pillow and pillowcase and meet at Washington Square Park at 3 pm for this year’s all-ages “cushion war”! Costumes are encouraged.
- Riverpalooza – Manayunk’s Mad River is celebrating spring all day with an indoor/outdoor festival. Sets throughout the day will include DJ Stevie B, Go Go Gadjet, and The Rockets and StellarMojo, with free Pat and Bobby’s Manayunk Steaks and drink specials from 2 to 5 pm.
Sunday, April 6th
- Mt. Airy Brunch Sessions – This weekend only, enjoy a seasonal prix fixe menu at participating restaurants for $16, which includes your choice of starter, entree, side, and coffee or tea.
- Battle of the Live Arts – Voices in Power presents a painting competition with music by DJ Prez, in which three painters will have two hours to complete a painting based on a topic of the audience’s choosing. $10 entry with food and drink specials.
- Hot Chocolate 15/5K – Join the sweetest race in Philadelphia, starting outside the Art Museum steps, and benefit the Ronald McDonald House Charities. The chocolate will flow afterwards at the post-race party at Eakins Oval. A 15 minute mile pace is required to participate in either the 15K or 5K.
* Disclosure: Our client, Hand and Stone Logan Square, is one of the vendors participating in this awesome event.